|[November 17, 2021]|
Fidelity Institutional®, the division of Fidelity Investments® dedicated to providing technology, solutions and insights to wealth management firms and institutions, today announced a new offering that delivers structured investments to wealth management firms, including registered investment advisors (RIAs), through a relationship with SIMON Markets, a fintech company committed to transforming the digital experience for financial advisors. This new solution-combined with new trading enhancements-helps advisors more efficiently construct their clients’ portfolios.
Fidelity is the first clearing and custody firm to offer an integration with SIMON, providing advisors direct access to structured investments (commonly known as market-linked investments) through single sign-on from WealthscapeSM, Fidelity’s advisor technology platform. This digital solution offers a range of benefits, including:
- Intuitive navigation to easily view, filter and analyze current offerings across all of Fidelity’s issuers in one streamlined location.
- Straight-through order processing powered by Fidelity Bond BeaconSM, Fidelity’s award-winning digital fixed income trading solution.
- Extensive on-demand educational and training material on structured investments to ensure advisors are well-informed prior to trading.
- Interactive pages with investment details providing further education on how specific structured investment offerings work.
- Book of business management and post-trade analysis, including SIMON Spectrum (News – Alert), which offers portfolio construction analytics to align performance with a client’s investment objectives.
“The integration with SIMON’s structured investment management platform through Wealthscape is a key differentiator for Fidelity,” said Thomas Tesauro, president of Fidelity Capital Markets, Fidelity Institutional. “This offering provides our clients with a comprehensive solution to simplify their workflow and better manage their book of business.”
Structured investments are bank-issued notes and CDs that offer the potential to earn returns tied to the performance of an index or basket of securities. Given that rates of return vary and are subject to the credit risk of the issuer, education and training is an important component of Fidelity’s new offering.
“With our shared vision of driving transparency, efficiency and growth, we look forward to working with Fidelity to help create more seamless and comprehensive wealth management for all and, by extension, deepening SIMON’s footprint in th RIA and intermediary spaces,” said Joseph Giordano, Chief Business Development Officer at SIMON.
In addition to the SIMON integration, Fidelity has made several other trading enhancements designed to provide advisors with the intuitive, yet sophisticated tools they need to make informed decisions to construct their clients’ portfolios. Recent enhancements include:
- Updates to Bond Beaconto better support advisors as they build and manage fixed income portfolios, including expanded liquidity and investments; real-time holdings views at the individual account, group and firm levels; and enhanced trading and portfolio management workflows.
- The integration of fractional share trading in equity order tickets as well as within the portfolio modeling and rebalancing tool, an application that supports clients’ investment strategy workflows.
- A streamlined client experience within Wealthscape that allows users to place multi-leg options trades and view full order details, eliminating manual order entry or phone calls. Additionally, the ability to efficiently swap securities across a number of accounts to gain efficiency.
For more information on these offerings, advisors can contact their Fidelity relationship manager.
About Fidelity Investments
Fidelity’s mission is to inspire better futures and deliver better outcomes for the customers and businesses we serve. With assets under administration of $11.1 trillion, including discretionary assets of $4.2 trillion as of September 30, 2021, we focus on meeting the unique needs of a diverse set of customers: helping more than 38 million people invest their own life savings, 22,000 businesses manage employee benefit programs, as well as providing more than 13,500 wealth management firms and institutions with investment and technology solutions to drive growth. Privately held for 75 years, Fidelity employs more than 52,000 associates who are focused on the long-term success of our customers. For more information about Fidelity Investments, visit https://www.fidelity.com/about-fidelity/our-company.
An award-winning fintech company, SIMON is committed to transforming the digital experience for financial professionals, enabling them to better serve their clients. SIMON’s intelligent and innovative platform delivers an end-to-end digital suite of tools to more than 100,000 financial professionals, who serve more than $5 trillion in assets, empowering them with on-demand education, an intuitive marketplace, real-time analytics, and lifecycle management. With a focus on reshaping the advisor experience, SIMON is setting new industry standards, simplifying the complex, and delivering structured investment, insurance, and defined outcome ETF solutions to investment professionals, centralized within one unique ecosystem.
For more information about SIMON, visit www.simon.io and follow the company on Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter. Securities products and services offered by SIMON Markets LLC, a broker-dealer registered with the SEC (News – Alert), Member FINRA/SIPC. Annuities and insurance services provided by SIMON Annuities and Insurance Services LLC.
For investment professional use only. Not authorized for distribution to the public as sales material in any form.
The SIMON Marketplace includes structured products in which National Financial Services, LLC (“NFS”) and Fidelity Brokerage Services, LLC (“FBS”) act as a member of the selling group. As such, NFS and FBS will receive a concession fee for initial purchases in these securities. In certain circumstances NFS will also earn additional compensation form SIMON for structured products purchased by clients on the SIMON website.
Fidelity Bond BeaconSM is made available to financial intermediaries including registered investment advisers, retirement plan administrators, banks and family offices on a non-discretionary basis by National Financial Services, Member NYSE, SIPC.
Third party marks are the property of their respective owners; all other marks are the property of FMR LLC. The third parties referenced herein are independent companies and are not affiliated with Fidelity Investments. Listing them does not suggest a recommendation or endorsement by Fidelity Investments.
Fidelity Institutional® provides investment products through Fidelity Distributors Company LLC; clearing, custody, or other brokerage services through National Financial Services LLC or Fidelity Brokerage Services LLC, Member NYSE, SIPC
© 2021 FMR LLC. All rights reserved.
View source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20211117005170/en/